Friday 27 August 2021

1798 Rebellion Project Part 8: Militia Grenadiers and Yeomen

 I got some extra models to add variation to my British force when I was starting this project. Among these are some Londonderry Militia Grenadiers, which I've just finished up! I don't need them for the list I am working towards, but it's always good to have more options. I suppose the yellow facings they're wearing mean they could be used as North Cork Militia Grenadiers too, but I don't know much about uniforms and organisation at all! 



I really like the second model from the left. The pose adds a lot of animation to the Group. 

I also finished the second group of Yeomen I needed. These chaps have round hats rather than tarletons, which I think look really cool. As much as I like the Militia uniforms, the Yeos add a lot of colour to the force. 

I am fairly sure they have been sculpted with the wrong coats, as they resemble those of the Yeomanry Cavalry rather than Infantry. I've done my best to paint them as normal infantry uniforms, though. 


As usual, closeups reveal that I need to do some more matt varnishing! 
The two groups in line. 
The "Britbox" so far! 


I have General Sir David Dundas on the painting table at the moment. He is a Status III Leader who is the last model I need for the British! Hopefully my next post will see the entire British side completed. 

Go dtí an chéad uair eile, beir bua! 

2 comments:

  1. They look great. I’m looking forward to seeing how you go on with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 😊 the plan for the moment is to paint up the last of the Irish and then hopefully the French Expedition!

    ReplyDelete