Monday 7 September 2020

Pegaso Ronin Bust

 For my birthday this year, I got a very nice resin bust from Pegaso. Initially I wanted to paint him as Musashi Miyamoto, a samurai of almost legendary renown. I decided against this later on, instead employing a style inspired by the music of Shing02 and artwork from Samurai Champloo.


I tried out some new techniques on this figure. I wanted to create a "Rembrandt lighting" effect. This means that half the face is hit by light, while the other side is in shadow. I'm happy with the result, but I think I should have increased the contrast between the light and dark areas. 

The pattern on the collar represents a bamboo forest under a rising sun, and is repeated around the figure. 


The image on his back was painted in a cartoon style, inspired by the visuals of Samurai Champloo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment